43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Friday 4 February 2011

Costume and props



My artists will be wearing skinny jeans, most rock/metal musicians wear skinny jeans so my artists will to fit the mould. The colour will vary on each artist, however for my main front cover artist he will be wearing black as the colour black is more associated with heavier music.


 My artists will vary between plimsolls and hi tops. Plimsolls are worn by a lot of musicians so they would be suited for my artists, they are also stylish and fairly cheap so not too much money would be spent on making my artists looking right. However hi tops are also a favourite so they are also a possibility.





 On the upper body my artists would wear one of the above. The drop dead jacket is an item from Oli sykes clothing range which a lot of artists from the metal/rock scene wear particularly the younger artists. So for my front cover my artist will be wearing this. A checkered shirt and polo shirt is worn by musicians on a regular basis so features will also be wearing these. 
Some of my artists will have piercings. Stereotypically metal musicians have piercings so my features will fit that stereotype. Also hats may be worn by my artists but this depends on the artists preference. For my props instruments will mainly be used. On my double page spread an acoustic guitar will be used to create the representation of a solo artist.




I will use clothing that my models already have, to keep costs low. However, if any clothing items aren't owned I will buy the item or borrow the clothing items. Props I will borrow off personal contacts and other band members such as the acoustic guitar for my double page spread feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment